Technical qualification Professional Interview
Candidates working towards the HCFPI are required to complete a Professional Interview after they have successfully completed their accredited course. The interview is conducted in the following manner:
- Candidates are introduced to our two examiners conducting the interview.
- The examiners will give the candidate a scenario and leave the room for 20 minutes to enable the candidate to read the scenario and make any notes they wish.
- The interview commences and lasts between 30 to 45 minutes.
The interview will be based on a fictitious scenario where the candidate will be cast in a role of a newly qualified food premises inspector holding the HCFPI of EHRB. During the interview the examiners will assess the candidate against the following four criteria:
- Appreciation of the issues associated with the scenario;
- Application of skills to the scenario;
- Application of legislative requirements to the scenario; and
- Communication skills demonstrated at the interview.
A moderator may sit in on the interview, however their role is to assess the examiner and not the candidate.
17 March 2017, London
Application deadline: 3 February 2017
22 September 2017, London
Application deadline: 11 August 2017