Graduate of the Year Award
Our Graduate of the Year Award seeks to reward excellence in new members of the environmental health profession.
How are the candidates chosen?
Directors of accredited University courses are invited to nominate up to two students who they feel have demonstrated some or all of the following attributes:
- professional motivation
- professional bearing
- communication skills
- practical skills
- ambassador for the profession
Nominated students must be members. The short-list is then drawn up by analysing the nominations in the light of the results of the Professional Examinations.
How are the winners selected?
The shortlisted candidates are invited to make a five minute presentation at Chadwick Court in front of a panel of no more than team people.
The presentation will cover one of these three options:
- The student’s dissertation
- A current hot topic in environmental health
- How will the profession have changed when I become a Chartered Environmental Health Practitioner (i.e. in five years’ time)
The presentation will be followed by a short discussion with the panel.
- Presentations should be no longer than five minutes.
- To allow for a level playing field and to avoid death by powerpoint, no audio/visual equipment will be used.
- We will reimburse candidates’ reasonable travel costs to and from the presentation.
After the presentation
The panel will choose the three winners based on the presentations and discussions. The panel will endeavour to decide on the winners on the same day.
The prizes will be:
- £2,000 for the winner
- £1,000 for second place
- £500 for third place
Winners will also receive a certificate and a medal, with prizes presented at a ceremony.