Previous UK outbreaks
Bournemouth, May 2013
Greenmeadow Community Farm, Torfaen, Wales, April 2012
Investigation into an outbreak of Cryptosporidium infection in spring 2012
Merthyr Tydfil Leisure Centre, August 2009
Northampton, Pitsford Water Treatment Works - June 2008
- Value of syndromic surveillance in monitoring a focal waterborne outbreak due to an unusual Cryptosporidium genotype in Northamptonshire, United Kingdom, June – July 2008
Eurosurveillance, Volume 15, Issue 33, 19 August 2010
- Improving communication on Cryptosporidium and ‘Boil Water’ notices: Lessons from Pitsford Final report to the Drinking Water Inspectorate
30 March 2011
- Cryptosporidium rabbit genotype, a newly identified human pathogen.
Chalmers RM, Robinson G, Elwin K, Hadfield SJ, Xiao L, Ryan U, et al.
Emerg. Infect. Dis. 15, 829-830. May 2009
Staffordshire, Oct – Dec 2007
North West Wales, 2005
- Report of the Outbreak Control Team
(Anglesey County Council, Anglesey Local Health Board, Centre for Research into Environment and Health, Dwr Cymru, Environment Agency Wales, Gwynedd County Council, Gwynedd Local Health Board, National Public Health Service for Wales)
Glasgow and Edinburgh, 2002
Northern Ireland, April 2001
Northern Ireland, August/September 2000
Cryptosporidiosis linked to swimming pools, Autumn 1999
Northumberland 1995 (Private Water Supply)
- A mixed outbreak of Cryptosporidiosis and Campylobacter infection associated with a private water supply
Reported in Epidemiology & Infection. Issue 116, pp 303-308. 1996
Torbay, South Devon 1992 and 1995
Cryptosporidium in Water Supplies. Report of the Group of Experts
Chairman: Sir John Badenoch. July 1990. HMSO. ISBN 0117523224.
Chapter 9. Outbreaks of Cryptosporidiosis.