Legionella outbreaks in recent years, some proving fatal, have led to widespread concern and increased scrutiny.
This interactive one-day workshop provides the expert insight Environmental Health Professionals need to manage the risks around Legionella, particularly in spa pools.
Delegates will explore the hazard of Legionella in the water systems that Environmental Health Professionals most frequently come across. Case studies on spa pools (the subject of upcoming guidance from the HSE and PHE) and other ‘at risk’ systems (such as showers and air-conditioning systems) will provide practical guidance.
Why you should attend:
- Understand the epidemiology of Legionellosis and incidents in the UK
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the risk factors that lead to outbreaks
- Explore existing legislation and guidance in preparation for the revised guidance
- Create a model of Health & Safety Management for the control of Legionella in different water systems
- Consider the roles of local authorities in enforcement and investigation and their relationships with other stakeholders
Who should attend:
- EHPs looking to refresh or update their knowledge of Legionnaire’s disease in preparation for the refreshed guidance on spa pools
- Anyone new to inspection, investigation and enforcement of Legionella hazards in the local authority enforcement sector
Director, The RedCat Partnership Ltd
Richard has 29 years’ experience in the field of food safety and health and safety, firstly as an Inspector, and latterly as consultant and trainer. Qualifying originally as an Environmental Health Officer, becoming Chartered EHP in 1995, and Chartered Manager in 2011. He worked for several Councils enforcing safety legislation in a wide number of businesses and sectors. In 2000, he began a part-time, temporary role as Programme Manager for the Degree in Environmental Health at City College, Norwich.
In parallel Richard integrated himself as a Director of the RedCat Partnership, a health and safety training/consultancy business of 17 years standing, where he still works. As well as consultancy, Richard delivers a variety of food safety, health and safety and environmental management training programmes, both Certificated and bespoke.
From a humble start delivering his first Basic Food Hygiene course in 1988, Richard was awarded CIEH “Trainer of the Year” in both 2010 and 2011 for his CIEH Level 4 Award in Health and Safety programmes.
In his public sector roles, Richard has investigated fatalities from Legionnaire’s disease. More recently, the portfolio of clients across the country, to whom he provides professional advice on Legionella is extensive.
- Member: £184
- Associate member: £284
- Non member: £284