The role of the London region is to support its members and encourage their participation. The region operates with a management board which consists of elected officers, secretaries of the study groups and other officers.
The board provides and supports:
- Training and CPD development opportunities
- Networking to share best and innovative practice
- Communication pathways to and from CIEH, Council and the various boards and subcommittees
- Maintenance of regular contact with members and providing information
- Representing London on international issues.
- Twinning with the Jamaican Association of Public Health Inspectors and the Georgia Environmental Health Association.
We work extremely closely with the Association of London Environmental Health Managers and both organisations run a number of study and technical groups including food, health and safety, pollution, housing and noise.
We strongly believe that an active region shows a healthy and enthusiastic profession and membership, and the Management Board operate to help support this aim.
All members belong to a region to encourage social and professional networking. Our members work for local authorities within London, other areas of the public sector (such as the military or health service) and the private sector.
In addition, the London region operates an extensive network of study groups who organise meetings, discussions and CPD events for members.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or via MyCIEH.
The region’s volunteers
The below are the volunteers who give up their time to support the London region.
Chair: Jenny Douse
Secretary: Peter Kemp (Contractor Kath Lewis)
Assembly Representatives: Peter Brown and Steve Miller