Boards and Committees
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is responsible for ensuring the good governance of CIEH, that it meets its charter objects, charitable aims and legal obligations. With the addition of the Chief Executive (Anne Godfrey) as a member, it also acts as the Board of CIEH Limited, CIEH’s trading body. It is composed of six trustees elected by CIEH members, six appointed by the Board (on the recommendation of the Appointments and Remuneration Committee) and the President (also appointed by the Board).
Siraj Choudhury, Steve Cooper, Roy Coulter, Tim Deveaux, Mark Elliott, Tim Everett (President), Alan Higgins, Terenja Humphries, Graeme Mitchell, Tim Nichols, Andy Statham, plus two vacancies.
The Board of Trustees is supported in its work by three committees and two advisory groups. These groups were established on 1 January 2017. Further appointments will be made during January and February 2017, following which chairs will be appointed.
Membership and the Profession Advisory Group
Paul Brookes, Rachel Flowers, Dave Foster, Jonathan Hayes, Sarah Johns, Gareth Moore, Dave Statham and Alan Watt.
- Supports the Board by contributing to the review and formulation of strategy in relationship to membership and the wider profession.
- Recommends policies for member recruitment, engagement, retention and services.
- Reviews the CPD scheme, including regulations and guidance for members.
- Advises the Board on membership grades, fee structures and entry criteria.
Learning and Qualifications Advisory Group
Lisa Ackerley, Maurice Brennan, Adam Choonara, Gareth Moore plus four vacancies.
- Supports the Board in its role as CIEH awarding organisation.
- Provides oversight for CIEH qualifications and learning portfolio.
- Participates in the appointment of the Chief Examiner and oversee the work of the Board of Examiners.
- Assists CIEH in building strong and positive relationships with the HE and FE community.
Risk and Audit Committee
Kevin Gould plus four vacancies.
- Identifies key risks in CIEH’s operation and support management of those risks.
- Ensures appropriate accounting and financial policies and controls are in place.
- Receives reports from external auditors and advisors and ensure that control processes are co-ordinated and effective.
Les Milne plus two vacancies.
- Manages CIEH’s investment portfolio.
- Advises the Board on overall investment strategy and reports on performance.
- Complies with relevant Charity Commission guidelines.
Appointments and Remuneration Committee
Amanda Porter, Victoria Stubbs plus three vacancies.
- Recommends appointments to the Board, its committees and advisory groups.
- Reviews the composition of the Board and identify any skills gaps.
- Recommends the framework policy for the remuneration of the Chief Executive.
- Reviews any significant proposed changes in employment policy and benefits for CIEH staff.
A shadow Appointments and Remuneration Committee (in place until 28 February 2017)
Tim Everett, Amanda Porter, Julie Kortens and Victoria Stubbs.
- Managing recruitment to Board, committee and advisory group roles.